Sunday 3 June 2012

Wheres Noah?

I knew I shouldn't have complained about the heat! The last couple of days have not been brilliant but we haven't really got too wet. However today the dogs decided they need to go out at about 5.30 this morning and the rain at that time was somewhat heavy to say the least. We are currently at the top of the Ashby, a more peaceful spot in middle England you would be hard pressed to find and I think the views are quite stunning, I'll tell you when the clouds lift!

We have had a good couple of days since I last posted with a super fun and leisurely lunch with our friends John and Louise in Market Bosworth on Friday who are now on their way back home to go back to work, poor them. We spent the night there and then came on up to the top of the canal yesterday and intend working our way slowly down taking in the local steam museum tomorrow and then the Bosworth battlefield on Tuesday and then back to Stoke Golding.

We feel sorry for all the organisers of Jubilee events and for the crews on the craft taking part in the pageant on the Thames. Our day has been very much an indoor one with me (David) spending the morning cleaning my brass horn and light. Having done it and being asked by Sarah if I had put it back up I told her that there was no way I was getting it dirty again and for any tunnel we came to she would have to sit on the bow with a torch. The idea didn't go down too well.

Having done that I ventured out with the dogs and got wet from head to foot and then back to a well earned bear and pork chops.

Higham on the Hill

Baptist Chapel Higham on the Hill

Stoke Golding church

Pumping station at the top of the Ashby Canal
Not sure what to do now. I've finished reading the books I brought and Sarah has pinched the Kindle with my other reading material on it, the satellite seems to have busted so no TV (anyone reading this who understands satellite TV and finders etc  - help!) I cant go outside and polish any brass, ah, just had a thought; I bought a kit to try making rope fenders so I'll dig that out and see if I can succeed, if not the weathers so depressing I could always make a noose.... no not really absolutely loving the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment